OK, so Matt and I went to the u/s appointment today. She measures at 4 lbs. and 12 oz. She has hair!!!!!!! Her heart is great and her face was expertly hidden from us as it is facing my back. Her head measures at 36 weeks even though we are at 33, and she has fluid on the brain. In subsequent appointments if her head measures up to 40-41 weeks, the high risk OB suggests induction. However, I don't think my regular OB will go for that as she is not one to induce those who already possess cesarean scars. So my money is on a cesarean section probably before the due date.
The neurologist we will probably see (?) is "conservative" with shunts. Unless or until he sees pressure on the skull, he will not place a shunt in a newborn.
Lest I forget, that is pretty much what we learned today. We have been praying that the things that the doctors need to learn and therefore the things we need to prepare for, will continue to come to light. Today is just the beginning of that manifestation, and for that we are grateful.
Thank you for your continued prayers. Every last one of them have been heard.
~The Hoveys
Dec 31st, 2013
1 year ago
1 comment:
Maggie, it is good to hear your optimism. You and your little family are going to be just what this little darling needs. I pray the blessings continue to come.
Post a Comment