Sunday, April 4, 2010

I Have 20 Minutes.....

I haven't updated in (what is for me) a long while. It is late, but I told Matt to hold me to 20 minutes and I'd type as much as possible!

We've moved into our new home. On the day of close we went straight there to sweep up the insulation scattered about. I had never seen the back yard (which- by the way needs TLC) without snow so out I went. Matt followed me and Zeke followed Matt, leaving Reid alone in the kitchen. We turn around to go inside only to find that the lever on the screen door is broken off, and we can't get in. Every door was locked, the car locked in the garage. It looked grim. Matt had his keys on him so he was trying to wedge them in the door without breaking the key and after about eight minutes it worked. In the meantime Zeke and Reid were just messing with each other on both sides of the door not a care in the world.
Sunday night, second night there, Zeke says, "Let's go home." We're like, um, we are Sweetie...
Anyway. It has been good. I have more details of our first week, but little time to write them!

Stories about the boys:
One super cute thing Zeke has been doing is taking two balls and making them orbit each other. Then he'll say, "Look Mom, a rocket!" He's destined for NASA. :)
Reid, bless his heart, is trying to keep up with Zeke so he is attempting to master the stairs. Never needed to know that skill before now, but we have had no incidents. He is too smart for his own good though. Examples of that are when he knows he is getting cheated. If I give Zeke juice and not Reid he lets me know! (And I'm NOT playing favoritism, I just didn't know he'd care!)
They both love their new yard. We live a block away from a little park too. Awesome!

Our new ward is sweet and sparse. We can't wait to see how the Lord needs us to serve here.

I got a little teased about my short post exclaiming such big news about the baby. It was a crazy time, but since the cat was out of the bag, I thought it best to blog it quick. Anyway, I had a horribly selfish moment when we found out because I hadn't reached my weight goal. Once I smacked myself for even THINKING it, I realized that I have taught myself I am capable of a lot more physical things than I was, and I can do this again. We are so blessed!

K, my time runs short. I will post Easter stuffs eventually, but for now I wanted to get this much.
Thanks for hanging in there!

~the Hoveys

3 comments:

Mike and Christina Jenson said...

Thanks for the 20 minutes! It's great to hear that that house is going well. What a big and fun change, and I'm sure the boys are just loving it. Carter loves to have a place to run around inside and out. :-)The snow has mostly melted for us so we know that we have plenty of yard work ahead of us this year. It will be fun to put a little sweat into our dream. Good luck with everything!

Kyra and Ben said...

I'm glad you are enjoying your new home and it must be wonderful to have a yard of your own for the boys to play in. Sorry, about teasing about your blog post being short when you announced baby #3. I am very excited for you guys to welcome a new baby soon. And it's o.k. you didn't make your weight goal before getting pregnant again...my mom tells me that's what our 30's are for. :)

Allison Nelson said...

Maggie, what ward are you guys in now? Peter's curious. And me too! :) He just knows a lot of people out there...