Monday, March 1, 2010

**THE BIG 29**

Matt turned twenty-nine last Saturday. His requested birthday dish was ranch pork roast- a super easy recipe that we all enjoy, and fresh cut pineapple. He also really enjoys crumb cake, so that's what we had. We got a movie from the Redbox called "The Surrogates". It was interesting but predictable.
Matt knows he has to have a party next year for his 30th, so he has a year to mentally prepare. :) Just kidding.

Well Zeke has been sick. Turns out he has an ear infection. I thank LanaMarie SO much for helping us out so we could go to the doctor. I too have been sick. The kind of cold that leaves you achy from head to toe. Sore throat, the works. Zeke and I (and Reid) stayed home from church, which for me is hard.

So I have just a couple weeks of the half marathon training left to go. After the 12 mile run two Saturdays ago I almost quit! That ranks somewhere in the top three hardest things I've ever done. I didn't have the mental stamina I needed, so if it wasn't for LanaMarie and her brother, I'd never have made it in the time I did. It. Was. So. Hard!

We got our inspection done on Saturday, and will talk with our agent tomorrow about the things we think the owners should fix before we buy. I don't think our demands will be too outrageous. One has to do with wiring, and another was insulation.


Now I'll show you two funnier moments with the boys. One sad, one happy. You guess which is which:



3 comments:

Christine said...

Awwww I'm glad you ended with the happy one :)

I tried to throw my husband a suprise 30th birthday but he found the invitation on the computer and the suprise was blown. We did a roast which was a blast. :)

He's hitting 40 this year so I'll have to come up with something better.

Stephanie said...

That is so funny, was Zeke actually mad or was he doing it because Reid was?

Did Bekah already have her shower?

Oh no, about the wiring, we had a friend that was going to buy a house and it had aluminum wiring and the owners wouldn't replace it because it is so expensive. Good luck with negotiating.

Mike and Christina Jenson said...

What cute boys! Those videos are priceless. I hope your family starts feeling better soon, and Happy Birthday to Matt!