Tuesday, March 16, 2010

13.1 Miles

I've been trying to remember things that I have been meaning to post, and it finally occurred to me today that I hadn't posted about the half marathon.
Matt and I ran our unofficial race on Saturday. We dropped off the boys at our friends home at 8:30, and started our run at 8:56. Two hours and 55 minutes later we finished. Not speedy by any means, but I don't care. WE FINISHED! I bought Snickers marathon bars to snack on at the half way point. Matt didn't like them, but they helped with energy- I guess. It was really difficult. Very, very hard. But I can say I did it!
I'm still a little sore here and there, but other than that I'm good.

The repairman mudded the ceiling today. He'll paint it tomorrow. In the meantime we are still sleeping on the Living Room floor. :)

Zeke got to plant a pumpkin seed in Sunbeams two Sundays ago, and it is sprouting like crazy. We gotta get it in the ground soon I think. I wonder if we can get it to maturity or not...

Well, I have GOT to eat, so until later! :)
~the Hoveys

5 comments:

Kyra and Ben said...

I'm sending you a pat on the back for a job well done! That takes dedication!

Tasha said...

Way to go!
You're still in the apartment, right? Don't landlords normally wait until you move out to do repairs? Anyways, won't it be nice that you'll actually have some of your own land to plant that pumpkin seed in?

Thorne Family said...

So are you trying to send a message with the "I GOT to eat"?!?! Call me and let me know!!! How is your packing going? Yeah!!! I'm so glad that you ran the 1/2 marathon!!! That is a huge accomplishment!!! Thanks for during the training with me!!!

Christine said...

Great job on the 1/2 marathon! I'm impressed!

Mike and Christina Jenson said...

What an accomplishment! You guys are amazing and that is awesome that you did it together.