Sunday, December 20, 2009

Reid's First Hair Cut

Take it from Matt, Reid's sparse, fine hair is difficult to cut. But he did an alright job. We just have to go back and nab a few spots.
Before
After

Alright, silly story coming at you. Who else but my favorite future Sunbeam named Zeke is at the center of it. We delivered Christmas goodies plates to Home Teaching families and promised Zeke and Reid (who is finally in a forward facing car seat) that we'd drive around and see Christmas lights. We went to the Dundee neighborhood because they are rich and the rich can afford to impress us. :) Zeke was determined to believe all the lights were scary! "Oh that scary! I'm sad!" "I want to see scary Christmas lights!" "Oh that scary! I'm sad!" Over and over. We're like OK Zeke. Silly boy.
Sunday in Primary they brought him and his classmates in from Nursery for closing exercises. My gosh he was so cute! Not completely reverent, but so cute! LOVE that kid!
Matt sang in a quartet on Sunday. He sang the melody. The other singers were Kent Thorne, Steve Bucksbee, and Fred Whittleder. You could tell the nerves, but they were fantastic. SO proud!
My Primary kids gave me Christmas cards. One of them wrote it out to "Sester Hubby". Gotta love that, right?!


Here is my thought for the week: Mankind needs the compassion to act in the moment, but only if it is supplemented with the wisdom to know what their actions do to the future. Um... I don't know, I'll fine tune it. But I'm on the right track...

After keeping a blog, doing a Christmas letter seems redundant. But there are a few we want to reach who don't read this. So I guess I'd better get on the ball!
Merry Christmas
~Hoveys

No comments: