Sunday, November 15, 2009

Dallin H Oaks

Yeah, so... AWESOME weekend!!!
At our stake conference Dallin H Oaks presided. Matt car pooled with the EQ president to go to the priesthood session, then when our babysitter came, I went and picked up the EQ president's wife, my friend Candice, and away we went to the adult session. We found our hubbies reserving seats on the third pew back from the pulpit. Matt and I were among the first after the meeting to shake his hand. For whatever reason, I DIDN'T WANT TO DO IT! But did it anyway, and of course I was glad I did.
Sunday morning we came about 45 minutes early to grab seats in the RS room. We almost didn't get any. Elder Oaks wanted to shake as many hands as possible, and therefore made himself very accessible. I brought Zeke and Reid to meet him and he shook Reid's hand and rubbed Zeke's head. It was fun.
He was lighthearted and in the mood for story telling for the adult session. I've see him like that before. Our temple president is E. Oaks brother. Every talk was SO good. I should blog some of the stuff I learned, but I am not disciplined enough to do that. I'm just lucky I have it written at all! :)
I know he is a prophet, seer and revelator . A special witness of our Savior, Jesus Christ. To be able to take part of what I did this weekend just doesn't happen terribly often with 15 men in a church of 13 million +. Don't even try to remind me that Matt has also met Elders Cook and Perry... Some people just have all the luck. ha ha!

2 comments:

Tasha said...

It was an awesome weekend, wasn't it? Yeah, Jeff's had lunch with Elder Bednar and met Elder Maxwell...I don't know where his connections come from...

Christine said...

How neat!!! We just had Elder Cook come down a couple of weeks ago. Do you believe he came just because he knew of the economic situation down here and he felt like he wanted to come down and uplift us:) How sweat.