I originally thought I would do all six miles on the bike. It was a two mile circle. After the two miles, I swore I wasn't doing that two more times! Sister Reinhardt was saying how glad she was that the HUGE hill we all walked up was out of sight of our families cheering us on. Ha ha!
Here is Zeke patiently waiting for Mom to come around:
The last part was the mile and a half run/walk. I ran pretty much the whole way. Awesome!! So Zeke was there for me to pick up and celebrate with. I then shared my celebratory bagel with Reid, who was not in a pleasant mood due to lack of a nap!
Thank you, Matt for being so supportive. It was great!
Offutt Airshow




This picture at the end that is full of people, is the reason why if and when we ever go to that again, we will NOT take the shuttle. The white tents in the distance were our goal. Hundreds of people in our line alone. SO depressing. I didn't feel very good and finally Reid had had enough. Matt suggested that I take him off somewhere and get him fed. I felt worse and worse and finally I had to stop feeding him, got him out of the way, and I vomited. A couple minutes later, a good Samaritan came by and said, "Do you need some help, Ma'am?" He called a military medic and waited with me until they came. Matt called while they were asking me questions and was reluctant to give up his place in line, but a medic was holding Reid who was frantic, and I really needed him. Matt says, "Where are you?" I was prompted to tell him I was at the Commissary building. He says, "I don't know where that is. Is that where the ambulance is at?" Uh... yeah, kinda! After everything was said and done, I signed a paper saying I refuse to go to the ER. They brought us to the FRONT OF THE INSANE LINE and we got on a shuttle right away. So we got in line about five 'o' clock, and got to our car at seven. The rest of the night was hard on me. I am so grateful to Matt. He is my hero. We called Fred Whittleder to come and help with giving me a blessing. I love the Priesthood.
Sunday
Sunday morning was pretty good. I of course wasn't 100%, but I could function. I wanted to share a quick story of Zeke and his imagination. Now, some of you know that shortly after Zeke got potty trained, if he was to have an accident, he had to take a cold shower. A threat that still holds true when necessary. Anyway, that said, this is the story: Zeke was playing with two nail polish bottles. One says, "It's yucky underwear! Do you want to take a shower?!" Nail polish two says, "Noooo!"
I thought it was SO funny. I wished Matt would have been there to see it.
Sunday night, I got to go to the baptism of Lindy Pratt. She is in my CTR 8 class. I tell you what, this is what my calling is all about! Bless her heart she asked me to conduct the music. I was so flattered! She is an amazing girl, and I am so happy for her.
This post turned out pretty long. Thanks for hanging in there! There are videos from the airshow, but I will post those another time.
Hope this post finds you well,
~the Hoveys
Sunday morning was pretty good. I of course wasn't 100%, but I could function. I wanted to share a quick story of Zeke and his imagination. Now, some of you know that shortly after Zeke got potty trained, if he was to have an accident, he had to take a cold shower. A threat that still holds true when necessary. Anyway, that said, this is the story: Zeke was playing with two nail polish bottles. One says, "It's yucky underwear! Do you want to take a shower?!" Nail polish two says, "Noooo!"
I thought it was SO funny. I wished Matt would have been there to see it.
Sunday night, I got to go to the baptism of Lindy Pratt. She is in my CTR 8 class. I tell you what, this is what my calling is all about! Bless her heart she asked me to conduct the music. I was so flattered! She is an amazing girl, and I am so happy for her.
This post turned out pretty long. Thanks for hanging in there! There are videos from the airshow, but I will post those another time.
Hope this post finds you well,
~the Hoveys
4 comments:
Congrats again on the triathlon! What an accomplishment!! That stinks about being sick. I wonder if it's from all that running and everything! I love the pic where Zeke is running up to you. I don't know how you held him after all that!
Way to go! I didn't know that was on Saturday. And to vomit after--now that's commitment. I always wanted to do that at a cross country race in high school, but it never happened. I'm sorry you were so sick, but Matt does a good job helping you out. The nail polish bottles story is hilarious--Zeke knows whats up:)
Great job! I'm sorry you threw up, that's never fun. What a hectic day. That story about Zeke is cute too. Natalie likes cold showers so that never works for us. Plus our water that comes out of the cold side is never really cold till winter time. It's so wonderful...NOT!
Crazy story about the trip out to the tram! I love the story about Zeke...cold shower hmmm? I'll have to remember that in about 2 years. :)
Post a Comment