Sunday, July 5, 2009

What do Hoveys, Ashbys, Handlys, Elikers and Spackmans all have in common? Independence Day.

Happy Independence Day to all. We had a fantabulous weekend that I wouldn't have traded for the world.
Friday, Matt had the day off, so we going to go to mow the lawn of a couple who we are house sitting for. Actually, Matt was going to do the dirty work, and the rest of us were going to walk to the park. It started raining so mowing the lawn was out. I suggested going to the store. After the store Matt and I decided to spontaneously go to the zoo. Once the idea was in Zeke's head, there was no turning back-even when it took an hour to park. Never go to the zoo on a day the Rosenblatt stadium has an event!
Much of the family represented. Heaven knows why I must have been making a face like that. Me and Dad.
Sorry the boy's pic is not upright!
Mom and the hostess Fay Eliker. Wonderful women!!!!Rebekah- proud mom of one year old Eli, humoring me for a picture

More of the family!!!
Not to mention family that you would never expect!!! Eat your heart out Andy, Matt, Tracy and the family were representing the Spackmans!!!
Setting up the fantabulous fifty minute fireworks show. Zeke moaned and panicked the whole duration of the show, but Reid was so indifferent he fell asleep at one point.
Sixty plus people attended
Even the cows came home...
Eli's Birthday Party
Eli got tons of family loving from cousins and aunts and uncles. We love you kiddo!! Here he is opening fun gifts and enjoying delicious chocolate cherry baseball cupcakes.


4 comments:

Kyra and Ben said...

Lots of fun. It brings back Nebraska memories.

Unknown said...

AH!!! I'm so glad you posted pictures of my most favoritest holiday ever!!! I'm so sad I missed it!! *sigh

Christine said...

What a fun day! Love the new patriotic blog lay out!

Alisa said...

Looks like a fun time! I'm jealous of your 50 min fireworks show. Your boys are cute!