Well Saturday was Nebraska's Walk for Life. It takes place every January. I had known about the walk that happened recently in Washington D.C., so I knew Nebraska's was coming up, but it was the news last night that tipped me off. I never really watch the news at night so I was fortunate. At any rate, I knew when I saw it, I had to be there. The cause is way too important to me. So Matt and I talked it over, and agreed that if I brought back the table and chairs we've been meaning to retrieve from Mom and Dad, that it was a trip well spent. Mom hadn't met Reid yet and there were a handful of siblings whom I would have a chance to see if I went, so I was very excited.
At the beginning, we heard from State officials talking about the legislative bills Pro-Lifers want to pass. Bills that would make it so that ultrasounds will be provided for all who are considering abortion. If I remember right, and I hope I'm not messing up this information, but 13 states already have this legislation. Also talked about was FOCA.
After the walk from the capitol building to the Student Union on campus, we listened to the key note speaker by the name of Michael Clancy. He has an amazing story. http://www.michaelclancy.com
In the end, my mom, who MC'd the event got up to thank the various people, to remind the audience to check out some things before leaving. During Mr. Clancy's presentation Mom had been playing with Eli and Hayden and right before it ended she was holding Reid. I thought she ran out of time to give him back to me so she darted up to the stage with Reid in tow. I thought cool, Reid gets some spotlight, but I was unaware of what was about to transpire. Mom acknowledged him as number 12 of 12 grandchildren, and it was 25 years ago this month that she began her fight with the cause. 25 years ago she was pregnant with me, and there she stood with grand baby number 12, hoping that she wouldn't still be fighting this fight but was. Nevertheless we fight it still with some battles won.
I'm grateful for life. That it was given me. That my husband and I have been able to make it together. I look into our sons' eyes and know they've had a whole other life before us. Because they are given life here, they have chance to obtain the eternal life promised us through faithfulness in the life to come.
I'm grateful to my parents for not stopping after child number four. I'm grateful for what they teach me and the desire instilled to do what is right in life. I'm grateful for my knowledge and testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ and for His role in Heavenly Father's plan for us.
Sorry if the order of posting is confusing. I am aware that one probably has no idea what I'm posting about because this particular entry came so long after the others. But you'll forgive me.
1 comment:
That's pretty cool!! I really must say! I never knew your mom was involved politically in things like that....i think that is awesome! THere are so many battles that need to be fought...that will never go away because evil will only continue to get more and more prevelent until the second coming. So high five for being a part of it!
Post a Comment