I'm reflecting on the simple things in my life...
Zeke excitedly brought in every leaf blown onto our balcony today. Reflecting how much he loves to crunch in them. Me too. :)
He fell asleep on my lap. Not a care on the world. Not even for how uncomfortable he should be right now. Or me. :)
Reid is kicking him. The first among many battles for the space on Mom or Dad's lap.
I'm typing with one hand. His face between coughs is peaceful.
I was confided in with the fear this person has at the thought of bringing children into the world as it is. What I say to that is this: It isn't so much the world they're being brought into, it is what and how we teach them once they are here. Heavenly Father knew many of his children would be given their mortal experience in less favorable circumstances. He knew more often than not they'd be born in countries other than this, the promised land. Do we then take the decision of denying the right to be born here, into our own hands? Nope. We need families ready, willing and worthy for the privilege and responsibility that parenting God's spirit children is. We need to be on higher ground before we can lift others up.
I'm so grateful to my Father in Heaven who entrusts Matt and I with his children. I learn so much every day. Feeling therefore less adequate as a parent! Nevertheless, I keep chugging.
Alright, well, I can't feel certain body parts... I've got way too much weight on the lap! :)
Dec 31st, 2013
1 year ago
1 comment:
What a beautiful post! I also think Heavenly Father is still saving the best of the best for this day and age. I think He has prepared them for what they will be facing. It is scary, though. :)
Post a Comment