Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Chili Feed



Woo-hoo! I have had a fun weekend as far as things go. Our ward had a chili feed on Friday night. As soon as Matt got home from work we made our way to Cooper Farm which is very close to the temple. I made a white chili with sausage. Lanamarie, you know who you are... won a ladle last year for her white chili. I was determined to be her competition this year. The categories were such like "critic's choice", "people's choice", "hot", and "most curious". I wanted it so bad! The first prize called out was "most curious" and I won it. I was so happy! I still haven't eaten one bite of my own chili. I didn't feel great when I made it, so I didn't want anything to do with it.
Then Saturday, not only do we have the beginnings of a great conference weekend, but in between sessions I went to an Uppercase Living party. If you've never heard of that, it is a company that functions much like Mary Kay. It sells those words and phrases that look like they're painted on your wall. Like "Live, Laugh, Love", or other familiar phrases. There was some cute stuff, but unfortunately we didn't have a budget for it.
Saturday night we found out that Governor Sarah Palin is making a pit stop here in Omaha. Sadly, it is on Sunday, or we would have been one of the many who undoubtedly waited in line to see her.
Ta ta for now.

No comments: