We were without a functioning fridge for a couple days. It is amazing the things we take advantage of. I guess my neighbor across the hall was jealous. She had some piece in her fridge that busted and it got fixed. Later it busted again, but has since been fixed. When she saw the new fridge coming up to our floor, she was very excited and refused to believe that our fridge was beyond fixing. The management apologized for the scene, but I'm sad 'cuz I didn't even witness it!
I've got accumulating stories with her in it anyway. One I shall not share, but another with weird shaped pieces in the puzzle. When we first moved in, Zeke threw tons of tantrums and my temper didn't help. I would wonder sometimes whether people were gonna call protective services or something. My half joking paranoia was more fact based when I knew of two different times someone was listening on the other side of our door.
Today a man buzzed our door. I ignored the first buzz as I always do if I'm not expecting anyone. It is usually a kid who doesn't know better, or a fat fingered adult. Today, it rang twice. I didn't understand who he said he was, but I buzzed him in the building thinking he wasn't for me. He knocked on my door. When I opened it he held out a badge-type thing with big bold letters saying "sheriff". He asked for who I assume was the previous tenant and when he was convinced I wasn't her, I told him the only thing I knew was that we replaced a single mom. He said he was "there about the kids" and thanked me for my time. WEIRD. But now I can understand better my neighbor's curiosity. She has enough on her plate though, because her mother lives with her and she has Alzheimer's disease. Her mom will wander the halls calling people's names. We think they are Portuguese, so I never understand her.
Last post I displayed a picture of Zeke's first smile. There is a video with it. Then I think I'll post a video from Zeke's last birthday party. That'll be fun....
Dec 31st, 2013
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment