Friday, June 6, 2008

Playground Fun

Well, you read about Zeke waking up at 3:45am. The next day he woke up at six. This morning I had to drag myself out of bed at eight and wake him up. So we are definitely getting back to normality.
Yesterday was kinda nuts. Without saying much, I tell you about an outing that I was gonna help the Elders with. I was gonna pick up a family, and take them to the Mormon Trail Center for a tour. Well, it was supposed to happen at one o'clock, but I didn't know for sure it was gonna happen 'til noon! One child had an ear infection but had been on meds for a couple days, so they were gonna see if she was good enough for the family to go. The Elders couldn't get a hold of them to know, so they couldn't tell me! Eventually everything was communicated and I followed the Elders to their home so I could pick them up and go. We got all the way there only to find out it wasn't gonna work after all. Not for reasons involving an ear infection unfortunately. Ask for further details if you're interested... But otherwise that's all you're getting. :)
So after that I had time to kill before picking up Matt from work. Zeke and I went to a school playground in Bellevue, to play. Super fun. I showed him how to climb this funny shaped ladder fully expecting that he couldn't do it so he wouldn't try. I was wrong he was three steps up before I realized he was trying to climb it. I quickly got back down to catch him should anything happen, and I was so impressed at how well he did! I told him he was a fast learner. The bonus at the top of the ladder was a slide that he went down three or four times via climbing it. He had a blast! Later, I needed a break so I sat at the bottom of the slide while Zeke went off to catch birds unsuccessfully. I sat where I sat because the bench had a huge mud puddle at the foot. As it was, Zeke couldn't catch the birds, so he saw a bench to sit. When I realized what he was after I tried run after him telling to stop and wait. I wasn't quick enough! He wiped out in the mud puddle. He was beside himself. His hands were muddy so he couldn't suck on his fingers in his distress, and he didn't wanna walk in his sandals with the mud all over them. It was so tragic! I wiped his hands off and we had fruit snacks and walked around until his muddy clothes hardened-I guess. Lots of fun!!
Well, lets see if this video loads... It is Zeke trying to sing :Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" like the animals in his Baby Einstein video do.

No comments: