Monday, June 23, 2008

A Little Preasure Off

We had a full three hours of church yesterday for the first time in a couple weeks. They released Matt from both his scout calling and Primary. So in Primary, it was announced that another teacher and I were to switch places and teach eachother's classes. So now I will get to teach and serve the CTR 8 class instead of the Senior Primary boy's class. I'll miss them, but it is ok.

Saturday, the bishop and his wife took on babysitting, allowing parents to attend the ward temple night together. Matt and I otherwise rotate turns but we got to go together for the first time since December, I think. I got to do work for a family in the ward who brought names with them. I learned a lot that night. Zeke ate his weight in peanutbutter sandwiches, grapes and chips while being babysat. I was rather shocked knowing that he had eaten a sufficient dinner before going! Wow.

I'm frustrated with today's events so far because poor Zeke woke up with a fever. I had to back out of Visiting Teaching. Awe well, what can I do? He is a little more active and a lot less clingy now that his fever broke, but we'll see how the rest of the day goes. Gotta love that kid!
His Nursery leader told me yesterday that he was babbling and smiling and being more interactive than he has ever been. She said he'd come so far in the last two weeks she hadn't seen him. I was happy to hear it. Especially because it was something different than how well he ate. I think I've mentioned in another post that "ate well" means he ate the food the other kids didn't want to finish. A mother's cheeks slightly readen with this information.

2 comments:

Zachary, Christen, and Chloe said...

Hey that was a great trick he learned! He is really coming along. He WAS really responsive and happy in Nursery. I was in there with him too, and I was playing with him a lot. I was trying to have him play with me, and also with the other kids. Maybe that helped?! Or maybe he's just turning over a new leaf. He sure is a sweetie!

Breanna said...

It's so neat that you and matt got to go to the temple together. I know it's hard with kids to beable to do anything together and alone lol. Your son is adorable. ;) Hope your day is going well. Breanna