Thursday, June 19, 2008

Broken Glass



I didn't really want to show you a picture of my garbage... just the broken plate! An almost completely clean break on the kitchen floor thanks to ZEKE. I'm so relieved he didn't get cut. He was in shell shock though. I think he was surprised that I didn't get angry. These days I'm surprised at what things DO make me angry... ha ha. Anyway, the plate shouldn't have been in his reach, and he had no idea the consequences, so I can't be mad.

That was yesterday. Today however, I was cutting raw meat at around 3:30pm, and I hear this same kinda 'chink' sound when a light bulb goes out so I turn around thinking to myself "glad we don't have those stupid hazardous mercury light bulbs" and as I turn around thinking that CRASH!!! The whole light fixture shatters on the floor. Zeke came running and I screamed at him to leave. I was bare foot and wasn't sure if I could move! I got out just fine, but oh my! How will the management believe me on this one? I called Matt first to share the humor I saw in it, and he told me to tell the management that we have a poltergeist.

Well, it is starting to rain outside. Joy. I hope those who are at flood risk aren't getting what we are.

Here's a video... if it uploads. Matt got a new memory card on Father's day, and I did a horrible joke on poor Zeke. the phrase at the end of the clip gets cut off. It just mentions how bad of a mother I am... Enjoy!

2 comments:

Zachary, Christen, and Chloe said...

Oh my gosh Maggie! That's terrible!! We are laughing our guts out over here. And that story about the light fixture is very scary!

Breanna said...

sounds like a typical boy stunt lol. :) glad to hear noone was hurt. I went ahead and made my blog secure but i didn't have your email addy to add you to the list. email it to me at breannasuhr@gmail.com.