Union Pacific Train Museum, Council Bluffs, IA.
A park across the street:
You walk along this path between the museum and the park.
In downtown Omaha, there are sculptures of pioneers. It is a progressive story as you follow them around. Here, is the wagon train. Then I think some dogs spook the buffaloes nearby:
The buffaloes are stampeding away and are placed on the street as if there weren't tall buildings there:
Eventually the buffaloes scare a huge flock of geese, and you follow them around the streets as well. They end all gathered at the bank-or rather, inside First National Bank. Funny, right? Well, I've never been inside that building. It is the tallest one in Omaha. Only reason I went inside it is because two kids had to go to the bathroom. I couldn't find Luke's shoes that morning, so he went barefoot, and Gwen's sandal broke as soon as we got there so she went barefoot too.
We finished the day at the Gene Leahy slides. Those things rock, if you have the right material to slide down it with!
~Hoveys
No comments:
Post a Comment