Friday, December 26, 2014

Dean Isaac Hovey

Dean Isaac Hovey was born on November 26th. He weighed 8 lbs, 4oz. He was 20 in long.

We had scheduled his cesarean for that morning. A 7:30 operation requires you to show up at the hospital at 6AM.
Well here is how things went down. Mom came on Tuesday afternoon. She made dinner while we took our family to Tithing Settlement. After dinner I wanted Mom to come with me to get a hair cut at a place in the mall. While we waited for my turn, Mom bought me a pretty pair of hoop earrings at another store.
Later that night we hit the drive-thru at a Krispy Kreme so that the kids could be surprised by doughnuts the next morning.
Then I introduced Mom to the show "Call the Midwives", and we stayed up way too late for someone who had to wake up early and have surgery the next day.
Well, by divine influence, Matthew woke up at 6:02. The alarm hadn't gone off and we were now two minutes late. I called the hospital to explain and see what we should do. They asked how soon we could get there and I answered with twenty minutes.
At about 6:30, we got there and what do you know but that we still got into surgery on time! The hospital staff might not care how long a patient waits, but sure enough they would rather not keep the doctors waiting. I can live with that.
Anyway, my little 90 lb doctor had to violently press on my ribcage because scarred tissue wasn't elastic enough to pull a fetus out of. Too descriptive? Well hey. Even the fifth born has to have a unique birthing story. Finally the doctors asked for a freaking vacuum. A vacuum in a cesarean. How often has that ever happened?

 I will post more stories and pictures later, but right now baby's gotta eat!

~Hoveys


No comments: