Thursday, October 2, 2014

Zeke Turns Eight, Gets Baptized

On September 27th, 2014, Zeke got baptized and confirmed into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. We tried to invite four different neighbors. One came!!! Here is the invite, minus some cute borders and pictures:


Ezekiel Hovey’s Baptism

Please join our family to support Zeke as he has chosen to enter the waters of baptism following the example of Jesus Christ, with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
Where: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, 11027 Martha St, Omaha, NE 68144
When: Saturday, September 27th, 10 AM.

4 John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.
 7 And preached, saying, There cometh one mightier than I after me, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to stoop down and unloose.
 8 I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.
 9 And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan.
 10 And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him:
 11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
•Mark 1: 4, 7-11

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
•John 14:6
 15 For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.
•John 13:15

3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments:
•1 John 5:3


Here is my little man of the hour with my big man of the hour:

Here is a Hovey cousin shot, followed by a Hovey Family shot:

 Not pictured is my mom, sister Rebekah and her family, and brother Andrew and sister-in-law Erika. I'd have loved that, but kids don't care about photo-ops and mine had had enough...
But we got Zeke and Grandma Ashby at home a little later. I had to show the sequence of pictures here as Matt got a little camera happy and Zeke could only take so much:

 Matt gave his family bad directions, which made them rather late for the affair. I played the prelude music, which I had not planned to do. But Dani swooped in and saved the day. Actually, I don't think I did too badly, and subsequently thanked my mom for all her support through piano lessons.
Grandma Ashby said the Invocation and Grandma Hovey the Benediction. Our home teacher, Brother David Cottam gave a talk on Baptism, and his Primary teacher Sister Michelle Williams gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. Matt of course performed the ordinances of Baptism and Confirmation. Bishop Louthan, Spencer, Andrew, and Grandpa Hovey were each in the circle. Uncle Scott was supposed to be, but he had to step out of the chapel with children. Darn!

Well, the pictures stop there as we finally got to stuff our faces with food at the house. But Zeke donned his very first suite coat and on the way to the church declared that he felt handsome. Then after he changed out of his wet clothes and back into his suite, he strutted his stuff to our pew with such happiness, pride and confidence.
We are so proud of him. Feel so blessed.

~Hoveys


No comments: