Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Easter Dress

 I made Gwen an Easter dress. Flawed like always, but possibly the best I've ever done on any sewing project involving Gwen.

It involves a boy's 10-12 size dress shirt pictured here. I cut off the sleeves and collar, and added lace. I also cut the shirt at about halfway through the chest:

Next, I had a men's dress shirt. Cutting that off also through the chest, I used the bottom for the skirt. Adding lace to the bottom and baby blue ribbon over the button panel and waist. The ribbon at the waist is an adjustable belt held together by that bow:

As always, the skirt has tulle underneath:

I'd love to show you a picture of Gwen wearing the dress, but she is one tough cookie to convince. I hope by Easter, she'll come around.
Her brothers will each be in dress shirts as well, with matching baby blue bow-ties. Squeals of excitement are happening inside my head. :)

~Hoveys
P.S. You don't have to tell me, I already know it looks like the flag of Finland...

2 comments:

The Rehomesteaders said...

That looks great Maggie! I have a goal to make the girls an Easter dress this year...it may or may not happen, but by golly, I will sew at least ONE for all the girls! Thanks for the inspiration. :)

Christine said...

I haven't been blog visiting lately but I loved coming for a visit and seeing how you and your family are doing! I like the Easter dress! I haven't made any clothes in a long time so you're doing great!