Sunday, November 10, 2013

Field Trip at the Fire Station

 So this month was my month to plan the field trip. We went to Fire Station #1, right downtown. It was a lot of fun. I made chocolate chip cookies for them.
In this picture, the firefighter was asking the kids if we had family safety plans for our home.


 Here the kids took turns holding the hose. It was very heavy!

We went all around their ladder truck and water truck-or whatever that one was called. Didn't catch the name.


Luke wanted to crawl and Gwen wanted to be held, so this firefighter wanted to help me out a bit:


Another firefighter showed us all the gear they need to don for an emergency:


 After the tour was given and the questions were answered, they played some basketball. We all joked that basketball is the only thing they're going to remember from that day:


The next day we assembled these fire engines the kids are showing off.  Some leftover model kits from a Lowe's workshop:

I just hate that I did this AGAIN, but I made a flippin' video sideways. The firefighters demonstrated sliding down the poles, and I filmed it sideways! ARGH! Sigh, sigh, sigh.

~Hoveys

No comments: