Thursday, May 30, 2013

Tuxedo Cake


For Matt's birthday I made this cake. I messed it up pretty bad and almost trashed the whole thing when my sister-in-law Dani convinced me it was salvageable. It turned out OK in the end.  I tried again for the dessert auction at church. When making the cake for Matt, there was only one piece left, and neither Matt nor myself had had any. We shared. At the dessert auction we tried to bid on it but got out bid by several other people. So I made it for my birthday!
I thought it would be fun to try to do some sort of tutorial with pictures, but I forgot to. I got as far as this: 

Yeah, I know...

Anyway, then I got distracted by cake batter:




I know I don't really get a passing grade on the cake's appearance, but it was so delicious.




Happy 30th to me!!!!

I'm pleased over being 30. There is a dorky Pinterest idea that is a display of "30 Sucks" or 30 suckers. I used the idea and brought them to Relief Society to share. It got a lot of laughs. Matt took the whole family out to eat, and my present was to go shoe shopping. Which I did on Memorial Day. Thank you, Matt for a good day. On Friday we had our friends Rachel and Adam come over to celebrate. We played Ticket To Ride. Fun! Rachel won. Not fun. Ha ha!

About the same time as my birthday, I got a new calling at church. I was RS teacher for three months and only taught twice. Then the bishopric says they sat on this calling for a couple weeks because of that, but felt it right to extend this new calling. I'm the new Primary Chorister. I'm excited.

'Nuff about me.
Thanks for reading!

~Hoveys

No comments: