Monday, March 11, 2013

Snowy Days

Hello!
So yesterday there was a snow storm enough for a blanket cancellation of churches. Except our ward still held Sacrament Mtg. We were a few minutes late but in time enough to hear the ward business. Matt has been called to be the Cub Master. I have been called to be a Relief Society Instructor.
When we were extended the callings, the counselor explained that Matt's calling is one of those where the spouse may help out every so often. Like the husband is the third counselor to a Relief Society President. That kind of thing. But with my five years of Scouting experience, I guess I could be useful. Let it be known I will get his opinion whilst I teach~as I feel a touch inadequate.
Sacrament was a Fast and Testimony Mtg. Some members of other wards joined us as their wards had been cancelled. Including a set of missionaries. One Elder was from Tonga. He was very difficult to understand, but he was funny when you could. He reminded me of my brother's current companion. Although I don't know where his companion is from.
So a nasty stomach bug went through the house. Luke and I were the only ones that escaped it. A huge blessing, that. Stake Conference was last week, and only Matt went.
Anyway, I am sure there were other things I planned to blog, but it ain't comin'.
Hope this post finds you well.

~Hoveys

No comments: