Sunday, February 10, 2013

Our Corner of the World

Irrationally, every so often I see or think of things in terms of, "I should blog about that" or "I should put that as a facebook status." Thoughts so shaming, that I usually put them out of mind and try to do something constructive! So, more often than not, I forget what it is and then don't write anything. But here goes...

One thing that I shall mention is that our stake just underwent a boundary change, and our ward was discontinued. Weird. Ours was the only ward discontinued. All is well though. My area was absorbed by the ward we moved from when we bought our home! Rock on! We got to come back today to many familiar faces, and the kids seemed to do very well in Primary.
A few people double checked how many kids we have. We left the ward with two and came back with four. One gentleman said he'd forgotten how tall I was. I personally couldn't believe how tall some of my former Scouts are! :) Happy times.
We have the missionary meal sign up sheet, right. But now we are only responsible for it through this Wednesday or some such for transfers, I imagine. So we'll feed them one more time tomorrow. They called to make sure we knew they were scheduled to come and said, "Hey Sister Hovey, this is the-former, Oak View Ward missionaries..." Kinda funny.

So we got the LEGO STAR WARS Complete Saga computer game, and the boys really, really like it. The cute thing about it that they call R2D2 "Artie D2." That is just what they think his name is. So funny!
Gwen was bouncing around on my legs pretending she was riding an elephant. No, my feelings were not hurt by this. Anyway, she saw me smiling at her and said, "I cute!" She be so vain!
Today, on the way home from church Reid was very excited about the premade pizza we were going to have for dinner. He said the pizza was going to taste so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, good. Seriously. The more "so's" he said the more Matt and I were chuckling in the front seat. He ate two slices, which for him is like eating a seven course meal. He approved!

Here is some cuteness:

Gwen was showing me how to nurse. Luke, as you can see, was NOT amused:

Well, this post kinda shaped up alright.
~Hoveys

No comments: