Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Luke at Two Months



He was two months about 11 days ago, but I've been waiting until I got him to the doctor so that I can document his stats. His appointment was last Friday, but they called and rescheduled because of the weather/roads.
Luke is 25 & 1/4" long, which is 96th percentile. He weighs 14lb & 8oz, which is the 95th percentile. There. Now I said it so now I'm happy.
In these pictures, he is wearing a sailor uniform:




I had to take the car in for oil and other maintenance. So I decided to drop it off before Luke's appointment, walk with the kids and the stroller to the appointment, and proceed from there. Whilst I felt foolish making my kids do that in this cold, they didn't care too much. Luke had a U-Bag (urine bag) on him for whatever test they have to do with his pee. But I knew it wasn't getting filled because he hadn't eaten since 5am, and didn't have time before leaving to feed him. Explaining that to the doctor, I asked if it would be a good idea to nurse when the appointment is over, then give them whatever Luke comes up with. They offered that I just stay in the exam room for the privacy. I said I had three kids in the waiting room (who by the way, didn't want to come in with us) so I'd rather go out to nurse there. The doctor was baffled at my having ALL the kids there so I said I homeschooled and the car was getting looked at, blah, blah, blah, and that I'd rather have them run around this waiting room than the one at the car garage. As we exit the exam room the male nurse revealed that the kids had begun to look for me because Gwen was stinky. He took the liberty of changing her diaper, and asked if that was "okay." The doctor kinda chuckled and said I wouldn't get that kind of service at the car garage. Oh brother.
After all that craziness, we went home and had lunch. I was trying to get the kids help me make Matt a birthday card when Gwen spilled her water and messed it up a little. Shortly after that Gwen proceeded to puke everywhere.
While in the tub, she relieves herself. Poor girl. Made her sit on the toilet while I drained and cleaned and put her back in. Double take. So again she sits on the toilet while I drain and clean the tub. So all I can say is that this is the best birthday present I could offer Matt. A day away from the madness. Although I really could have used the backup.
Unless I'm blocking some horrible memory out, the day got better after that.

~Hoveys

No comments: