Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Grandpa, Grandma and "Faith"?

 Roger, Terrie and Faith headed down to McAlster OK, for Grace's baby blessing. After all was celebrated there, they headed up to us for four days! Excited were we. Especially the boys except when the projected arrival time kept getting pushed back.
Matt worked from home on Thursday and Friday. That played right into it all and was so nice!
Here is Faith (or as Zeke occasionally called her, "Seth") playing our piano. Seth is his uncle, my brother, and I don't know why he kept getting names mixed up but after a while he would just call her Aunt:

Roger leisurely enjoying Matt's Marriott magazine:

Thursday morning Matt, Faith and myself went to see "Avengers". Good flick! Grandma and Grandpa took the kids to the park.
Thursday night we hit Valentino's for dinner. Yum! A manager came by twice saying Gwen was the cleanest baby he'd ever seen. He hadn't noticed the pink puke on the floor from Gwen drinking her Hawaiian Punch so quickly that she couldn't keep it down...


  Friday we hit the Zoo! Last time we went, Gwen was too little to enjoy it. I tried to get pictures of her looking at exhibits, but the boys would step between her and the camera almost every single time!

A new exhibit in the aquarium was one that you could touch tiny sea life. Reid was totally for it but Zeke chickened out: 

Next to the penguins, but you'd never be able to tell that. Darn flash!

New exhibit: Spider crabs!

New exhibit: Jelly fish laying upside down? With the exception of the single swimmer, it was a weird thing to look at:



 Baby giraffe! Congrats Momma:



 Proof that I was at the zoo too:

Baby sea lion:

A muddy Rhino. He looked rather comfortable in the heat. Enviable:

A moment so wacky, I whipped out the camera quick! The thing just stared at Gwen and Gwen at it for a minute:


In the desert dome I thought this looked pretty:

That tortoise was toasty in the full sun:


Saturday we took everybody to see the movie "Brave". The boys were a little scared.
I sewed this skirt and jumper for Gwen and myself a couple weeks ago. I wanted to do this for Mother's Day, but that didn't happen. Anyway, aren't we adorable: 

That was our weekend! We played lots of board and card games. Terrie won both games of Ticket to Ride and I won Settlers of Catan. Yay!

~The Hoveys

1 comment:

Christine said...

I love your sewing projects. You guys look adorable together! Great job.

We are off to see my sister tomorrow family is always fun!