Wednesday, May 2, 2012

♫Hovey Update♫

Yes, so my posting has slowed dramatically.

Let's see...
Not that I want to remember this, but the boys are taking to whining, crying and tantrums when they don't get their way. I don't know why. It never works so why it persists is beyond me.

They love to try to help Gwen walk and to cheer her on.

We got some toy hand-me-downs from friends. One of the things was a T-Rex puppet. So, affectionately naming him Rex, Matt uses him to tell the boys bedtime stories. It is very cute.

Gwen is getting more and more confident with her strides. The pride on her face is adorable!

Gwen has a neurology followup on the 10th.

Matt is learning what there is to learn at work and doing his best. I can't remember if I wrote about this, but several weeks ago, the USA swim team came to Mutual of Omaha. Matt wouldn't have known about it if his fellow department coworkers didn't tell him. He doesn't sit near them for some reason. Anyway, I am pleased that they remember to include him. They take people out to lunch for birthdays, so he got to go out in February.

I am training for a half Marathon that I will race on June 16th, in Norfolk, NE, at 7AM. I am excited for the challenge. I got shin splints already, so for Mother's Day, I plan on getting all new shoes and gear. I probably won't wait for Mother's Day though. I'm too afraid of injuries. The sooner the better.

We had family pictures taken. The sibling shots didn't work out. But the brother shot and Gwen's individual shot worked out. I love our family pictures. Definitely picking them up pretty soon. Irritated with myself, though, because I forgot about sending out the last set of children's pictures, and that just makes me feel bad.

Anyway, not an exciting post, but it will do. :)
The next post will include pictures of my sisters' visit to Lincoln recently. Woo-Hoo!!
Oh! And another post will include pictures of a gift I am sending Dani and Spencer for our neice-to-be. I am very excited. It is a hand full of mediocre homemade crafts, that I couldn't be more proud of. :)

~Hoveys

1 comment:

The Rehomesteaders said...

I am always perplexed by the whining my girls do too. It never gets them what they want and I pretty much ignore them until they quit. Well done trying, I guess.