Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Dum-Dum Afternoon


I have to say the video is one I will treasure. My kids are so happy.

The other day, the boys wanted a sucker. I gave both of them one and decided to supervise Gwen eating one too. She'd have thrown a fit if I hadn't given her one anyway, so it works out. Yes. Gwen throws fits. Anyway, I couldn't help myself so I grabbed the camera!

I call this one "Strawberry Shortcake":

I call this one "Mischief":

I call this one "Innocent":

I call this one "Outright Hilarity": 

I call this one "Cheekbone":

I call this one "Wonder":

I call this one "Action Shot." Look at the drool:

I call this one "Did I Do That?" As she is observing the drool:

I call this one "Hesitation":

I call this one "Indulgence":

I call this one "Silhouette":

He he he. Thanks for indulging me.
Okay, so March 1st, was nice weather and we met up with friends at the park. Still a little chilly though. Later that night Gwen came down with a nasty fever it took her a couple days to get under control. I was worried that I might not have covered her well enough at the park. The bigger part of me was hoping it was just teeth coming in. Thankfully, it was the latter.
While she suffered that, the boys got colds. Monday night, Zeke puked. Wednesday, Thursday Friday and Saturday, they all just had miserable colds. I guess Tuesday had 70 degree weather but I never knew that and the whole day was spent inside. I was really sad to have missed it!
Saturday night Reid puked. Sunday morning Zeke's eardrum ruptured. Um..... really? Let's see what this week holds, shall we?
I wish I could write down everything the kids say. They are so funny. Last week Zeke was really hung up on being big and having a wife.
Reid had a toy wrench in his bed the other night. I asked if he was going to fix stuff in his dreams. He said no because daddies don't wear diapers. I asked if only daddies built and fixed stuff and he said yes. So since he wears a diaper to bed he is not a daddy and cannot fix stuff? He said yes. Okay, whatever.
Gwen's physical therapy is going well. I asked initially if the therapist thought we might get Gwen to walk by the time she is 18 months, and she said she didn't think so. But I'm holding out hope!

~The Hoveys

3 comments:

Christine said...

I loved the "dads don't wear diapers" observations. I would always laugh at the observations the kids would make ;)

Jake and Sheena Halverstadt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jake and Sheena Halverstadt said...

Your little ones are adorable! Hope all is going well for you guys!!