Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Potpourri-February

 I tell you what, when it rains it pours! I hadn't blogged in a while and as soon as I got the first one through, the rest found a way!
This picture is an example of the treat I made for our Pinewood Derby last month. Half a nutty bar with oreo wheels to make up the car, and a keebler elf to drive it. They were a big hit. The Scouts said it was like an edible trophy. Cute!


We have a goodly amount of snow on the ground now, but prior to it was weather so mild we had to pull out the bikes and sidewalk chalk!



The next three pictures are ideas from where else but Pinterest. All through Matt's side of the family's visit at the beginning of the year, I'd show them something I did or wanted to do and every idea came from Pinterest. For example...

Santa hat brownies. The strawberry juice seeped into the brownie making these irresistible. Wow!

Salt dough prints. An acrylic paint that the kids each picked out themselves, then finished with a clear coat. Their name and ages are written on the back.

Sacrament meeting puzzles. At this point I love these more than the children do, but we'll get there. The far end is an open book of scripture, the middle a hymn book and the closest being a sacrament bread tray. On the flip side of the sticks there are pictures of the Resurrected Savior and a parrot. ☺I plan to do another of the Savior and one of a temple. With the exception of the parrot, I got all the pictures from the Ensign, mainly the January issue-if you're curious.

LOVE IT!
~The Hoveys

No comments: