Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Homemade Hand Warmers

 I wanted to link to the site I saw how to do this, but I cannot find it. Anyway, I made felt hand warmers. I wondered how much felt I had on hand, and it turned out to be quite a bit. I turned ALL of it into these hand warmers. Here is what I found:

Next I sewed three out of four sides together. I opted for an outside stitch, but you can sew it in the pillow seem fashion.


I then filled them up with rice. You can also use lentils or whatever. But I already had rice. You can also use a scent if desired. I don't own anything like that but I wish I did, because after nuking it it just smelled like cooked rice instead of lavender or something like that...
Anyway, after I filled it I just sewed up the fourth side and VOILA!

I warmed it up in the microwave for about a minute and it was amazing for about the next half hour. You can also freeze them by the way. Awesome.

~the Hoveys

1 comment:

Kyra and Ben said...

Bet those will come in handy there in Nebraska!