Wednesday, November 16, 2011

"WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE"


 For school we went with our friends to the Joslyn Art Museum for story time. They were going to feature Maurice Sendak. Rumor had it that there was going to be a wild visitor too! I forgot to bring the camera, so I had to settle for the cell phone. Better than nothing!
Here is our storybook reader about to read Reid's favorite:


Reid actually hugged the monster!!! Didn't get a snap shot of it fast enough though. I think he was one of the only ones in the room bold enough to do that! Zeke however, got skittish:


Gwen was not scared at all. Just very curious:


 Zeke was practicing his monster skills:

Reid and Gwen exploring the museum's indoor fountain:


There was a learning area for kids:

 Reid and Gwen were so zonked out!!! (Yes, I know I need to adjust G's seat-belt...)

I

I knew Reid would love it. All the kids had a blast!
~The Hoveys


2 comments:

Kyra and Ben said...

So cute that they zonked out in the end. I've yet to read Where the Wild Things Are to my kids, I'll put that on my must do list.

Christine said...

I love the sleeping in the car pictures :) I also loved looking at your older posts (I've been behind on blogging lately) I think the homemade studio pictures of the kids were great!! I love Qwen and her hair thing too.