Last Sunday my sister-in-law and I threw together an October birthday party for Gwen and my niece. Thank you to them for hosting the party and everything. I wanted as much of my family to celebrate with Gwen as possible and I knew getting to Lincoln would provide the best results. My brother and sister-in-law facilitated that.
The following pictures are just so cute, I couldn't pick just one so I chose them all! The first one shows the highchair decorations:
The cake is supposed to look like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I told Matt how sad I am whenever I have to explain what my cakes are supposed to be. Oh well! It was edible. That's what counts.
Uncle Steven holds Gwen as she opens his gift for her. I love his look as he seeks Matt's approval on the choice of movie.
We celebrated at home with just our family yesterday (her actual birthday). I made a tres leches cake topped with strawberries for a contest Matt had at work, and we celebrated with the leftovers.
Gweneth, we love you so much. We don't know what the future holds for you but will be by your side guiding you. We love being your parents! The light in your eye and the perpetual grin on your face brings joy to all who look upon you.
H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y! ! !
~The Hoveys
No comments:
Post a Comment