Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Don't Forget the One in the Middle

I've talked of Gwen and I've talked of Zeke in the last couple posts. So now it is Reid's turn! He started potty training 15 days ago. He had a streak of dry diapers going 4 nights in a row! It broke but the last two nights have been dry again, so we'll see if he can match and/or surpass it. He is just so close to being "fully trained". But our little stinker won't do #2!
We were at a park that had no facilities whatsoever, and he told me he had to go. When I tried to tell him why he had to go in a bush, essentially, he refused. He held his bladder until we got home. We definitely didn't leave right away either. I didn't know if I should be proud or irritated that he didn't "water the foliage", so I was a bit of both. :)
He has been doing horrible in nursery, at church. He got so sociable for a time, and after illness and visiting other wards, new kids turning 18 months, and occasional leadership substitutes, he has reverted to the bashful, uncooperative, tantrum-throwing Reid. I hope Sunbeams is somehow WAY better!
He won't eat things I cook anymore either. He kinda just eats to live. I know it is a stage, but it is still a little frustrating at times.
This all sounds a too negative! Unintentional. Reid is my sweetie. He enjoys books and stories, and pretty much all other things boyish. He makes me smile, multiple times a day. And proud. I am very proud of him.

Matt and I just love all three of our buggers!!! I cannot fathom at times why I get to be their mom. But I am; and that makes me happy.
~Hoveys

2 comments:

Alisa said...

Sounds like you're having all the same problems we're having with hannah. Must be the age. She JUST started going to nursery after over a year of not doing well. She has no interest in potty training and she is extremely picky with food. Always has been. But we love 'em anyway!

Christine said...

I remember one of mine having problems with "number 2" We had a trampoline at the time and it always got things going but it took him awhile to translate to get them going and deposit them in the appropriate place! ;) Good luck.