Ah! Had to jot down a few things before forgetting them, or something.
Zeke is nine lessons away from being at par with the first grade reading level. Just a few minutes ago he showed me he can hop across part of the room on one foot. He announced at breakfast that he is getting bigger!
Reid is learning different things that I show him to help him feel more and more independent. The back door for example. He can go out of it, but hollers until somebody comes to let him in. I showed him that even though he cannot reach the handle, he can still open it by the bottom corner. He loves that! He could have been potty trained by now I bet. But maybe that means it will go easy and quick when it does happen (soon).
Gwen has finally begun to say a few consonants. I have her on video (to prove it to Matt) that she says, "Dadadadada," now. Today she included, "Nanananana," in the mix. Her two teeth are slowly coming in.
Matt ran five miles at Boys Town for Memorial Day. He also joined a running group somebody at TDAmeritrade put together. We went to a workshop at a fitness shop showing us how to pick the right shoes and stuff.
I am trying to clean up the area around the rose bushes. It is scary back there. But I'm pleased with how the landscaping is slowly shaping up. I'm once again called as the Cub Scout Bear Den Leader. I trust that even though the den tripled (literally) while I was away, I think things will go exceptionally well.
So that is us in a nutshell right now. Our personal feats. :)
~Hoveys
Dec 31st, 2013
1 year ago
1 comment:
I will post Utah pictures as soon as I catch up on my wash :)
Love your family updates and the fact that the kids are so proud of their accomplishments (like getting bigger ;)
We were visiting over our trip and I think I was talking to Lorene and we were commenting on how impressed we were with Matt. We remember him as the quiet teenager who sat in the corner when we were around and now he's turned into this family man doing impressive home improvement projects! Lorene says she just loves you too!
We love you both and think you are great! Maybe someday I'll actually get to meet you in person ;) (your always welcome for a California trip, we're about 40 min from Disneyland) Hope your summer is great!
Post a Comment