Sunday, June 26, 2011

Happy Thoughts

Matt put the boys in the car after church but forgot to buckle them in. Reid pointed out that it hadn't gotten done, and Zeke said, "It's ok Dad. We can just hold on."
Matt tells the bedtime story each night. No, none of them will be getting published. At the end of each story Reid asks, "What about Cookie Monster?" So then Matt will insert a quick line about Cookie Monster.

Zeke asks to play "Hide an Zeke", because he truly believes that is what it is called.

I just realized I hadn't blogged about a family that just moved into the ward. All we knew about someone moving in was that their last name was Rodriguez. We didn't even know whether they were active or if there were children. But I found myself wondering whether it was a couple, married the same time as us, in our first married ward. One Sunday we shared a pew and Brother Rodriguez (Billy) noticed Matt's scripture case looked like it had been made in Guatemala. Why yes! It was! That is where Brother Rodriguez was from. Instant connection, and then Matt soon became their Home Teacher.
Moving day came. Matt helped. As he came through the door he said, "You'll never guess who just moved in."

I did.

"How would you know that?" Matt exclaimed! I really had no answer. But it was a wild guess, and I aced it! I couldn't wait to meet them~ as we really don't know each other well at all. But it turns out they'd been in that same ward the whole time and have two children.
I am just ecstatic that they are here because they are just die-hard, hard working, happy people (like us ~ *smirk*)! Yay Rodriguez family!!

Well, enough happy thoughts for today...
~The Hoveys


No comments: