Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Oh! I getta remember to blog about that!

Zeke lost his entire thumb nail in his bedroom door. He was teasing Reid when Reid was supposed to be in a time-out in his room, and Reid slammed the door on Zeke's thumb IMMEDIATELY pulling out the entire nail. It was traumatic!

We recently finished the entire book of 1st Nephi as a family. I think by the end of the year, we might get through 2nd Nephi! :) Maybe a bit further... we read a column a day.

This Saturday, the Wheel of Fortune Winnebago is coming to Omaha!!!!!!!!!!!! To be more specific, it will be at the Harrah's Casino in Counsil Bluffs, IA. But you better believe I am going to be there!!!!!! I doubt that I will get picked for the show, but I just hope to at least bring home a T-Shirt! SO, SO, SO SO, SO, excited.

I love my family!
~The Hoveys

2 comments:

Christine said...

I love your blog banner picture! So cute. Love all the family updates too! Looks like your son likes to tease too (blowing on the whistle wrong)....I know how that is :)

Tasha said...

Cute pics for Easter! I hope you post your finished quiet book project: I love looking at the crafty things people do.

Nail trauma? Ouch! And though there really isn't anything you can do, it will probably take 12-18 months for his nail to grow back (nails grow at a rate of 0.2 mm per day, but slower for the thumb). I think the only thing a dermatologist would say is to consider a kids multivitamin containing biotin to help speed the growth (but it isn't proven to speed it up, only to strengthen the nail). Just my two cents about medical things!