I changed the kids from our family practitioner to a pediatrician recently, and Reid and Gwen went in for their checkup. Zeke tagged along and unexpectedly got a flu shot. So, here are the stats: Reid is my tall skinny boy at 28lbs. and 14oz. That is the 45th percentile. He is 35 3/4 in. tall, coming in at the 90th percentile! Sweet Gwen weighs 11lbs. 5oz. In the 65th percentile. With a length of 23 1/4 in, she ranks with the 75th. Her head is in the 25th percentile. I would need to verify with previous measurements before knowing if her head is growing at a slower rate.
Now, this is going to be hard. I am going to commit. Even if it will be at a slow rate because I am nursing and cannot diet (Nor do I have any desire to...). I plan on trying to lose 19 pounds.
Starting Weight: 184.4
Goal weight 165
Truth be told, I've got nothing normal to wear. Maternity clothes with a two month old puts a gargantuan damper on one's spirits. Not to mention self perception and dignity.... Pathetic when one finds another pair of elastic waist pants in the closet and becomes excited. Pants that should have been burnt three years ago.
Never thought I'd say this but I want to run another half marathon. I don't have a date in mind yet. I have to get into better shape before starting the 10 week marathon training. So the events that I wish to participate in this year thus far are the stake 5K, a half marathon, and the mini triathlon. Cross your fingers...
~the Hoveys
Dec 31st, 2013
1 year ago
4 comments:
Woohoo! I'm excited I get to support YOU on your weight loss journey. You'll do great. Thanks for helping me on mine:) And I'll give you a pick me up from the very beginning by saying that your starting weight is where I am at NOW. So I'd say you're doing great for being a momma of three!
I plan on running all of those plus another 4 races and maybe a marathon!!! We should train together again!!! I just need to have this baby first!!! Let me know what you think. I have some races in mind already.
No worries, girl, just keep exercising and you'll be fine. You can do it!
First, your basement looks great. We went to sacrament meeting at Scottsbluff, but we were so far apart from Jeff's brother that we didn't get them to point out Matt's fam. And good for you and your goal: good luck--you'll do great!
Post a Comment