Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Progress

I haven't been on top of pregnant pictures. Obviously if you've seen it twice, you've seen it a million times-ha ha. Although I kinda think that I really am more of a basketball shape than a football like the previous pregnancies. At any rate, the picture was taken at 38 weeks. I get comments from kind people who say I don't look ready to deliver. When I took the hospital tour I saw women who I felt were much larger than myself. I guess that boosts the confidence a little. :) I'm so mean.
I've prefaced this before, but one of my sewing projects is a patchwork quilt that I bought fabric for like ten years ago, and never finished it. Well, I've re-sized the squares, sewn them together and now I am about halfway done tying it. I honestly can say it is pathetic and very amateur, but I am proud of it as I alone have done it from start to finish.
Matt started work in the basement. Our goal down there is to square out the wall that the laundry room shares, and split the big room into two, making the smaller one a play room/future nonconforming bedroom. We wanted to take down the wood paneling, and lay carpet. I originally thought I'd post pictures from start to finish, but I now want to show the progress made all the way up to Gweneth's arrival.

Here are a couple shots before demolition. The one with the slanted wall was taken when considering purchasing the house. You can see the slanted wall, paneling, and floor pretty well.
Matt took off the paneling:
Then he and our Bishop demolished the slanted wall. AWESOME! The board on the bottom marks where the wall used to be:
Then he-with help from Bishop and his son Lance, (my Bear Scout), tore out the drywall:

Then Matt tore out the ceiling. Bishop and his friend Steve got a kick out of the insulation they found when that happened:

So after Monday night, this is what it looks like:One new wall waiting for a repositioned vent, an outlet or two, and drywall. We calculated how much room we added by squaring out the wall and it came to 30 square feet! Unbelievable! Tonight as I type this, the second wall is being put in.

Matt is the man! Love it.
~the Hoveys

3 comments:

Mike and Christina Jenson said...

That's awesome progress on your house! We can't wait to start working on our downstairs. You DO look great for being about ready to pop! I can't believe how these little girls have changed our lives and thrown our many revised plans out the window, but at least they will be here SOON! Good luck!

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

Wow, that's a lot of work! Must feel nice to be able to fix you your house...and have THIRTY extra feet!!

Alissa said...

You look all cute and pregnant but as I'm writing this I guess you are on your way to no being pregnant anymore! :) GOOD LUCK!

Awesome work on the house!