Friday, July 16, 2010

How was your week?

Our week has been pretty good. The weather has been unbearably hot. No fun! It definitely limits some things we do but opens avenues to others.

OK, last Sunday, Matt was called to be the Executive Secretary. We'll miss him. Just kidding. I mean we will, but we will see him from time to time. :) I am grateful for the example he is setting for his sons through his service.

Thank you, thank you for the advice on how to get my camera's pictures online. I was working on that theory, and it appeared to be right! Now, I just need the time to do it..... I will get there.

Wednesday we had a huge storm. That is the night I have Scouts. We couldn't leave until the winds mostly subsided but they were so bad that the tornado sirens went off! We lost power for four and a half hours. I believe there are still people without it, so I am extremely grateful for our fortune. The boys were unnerved but by the time I got home they had mostly calmed. It took Zeke a long time to go to sleep because he knew that even if he wanted the lights on he couldn't have them, so that freaked him out.

I had an OB appointment on Thursday. Turns out that after reading the notes of the ultrasound Gweneth does have a high risk for hydrocephalus, but there is presently no evidence of it. Time and more tests will tell though. Next Thursday is our next ultrasound at the hospital with my high risk OB, Doctor Barsoom. Matt will be there this time. :)

Also yesterday, I went shopping for fabric with my genius friend, LanaMarie. She will set out on the daunting task of showing me how to make a bed skirt for Gweneth's crib. I have a feeling the most exciting part of this whole experience is the shopping.... Next is the blood and tears stage!

Well we have kind of an eventful weekend. Saturday, Matt is going to work while me and the boys will go to a Relief Society activity. Then Matt will start putting the fence up by placing the poles while me and the boys watch-hehehehe. Monday, Matt is volunteering through TDAmeritrade to work at the Special Olympics. I am not positive we can, but I hope we can go with him.
I guess the next blog post will be about how many of our weekend activities will pan out. :)
~the Hoveys

1 comment:

The Zoo Keeper said...

How do you get so much done? I'm impressed. I want to hear more about the crib bed skirt. We're going to redo Will's bedroom, and I'm debating about how hard it is to make bed skirts since I'm going to be making full and crib sized quilts for the beds in the room. I checked one of my friend's blogs, and I think she added my blog to her list after I changed the feed. It's showing up on hers. Maybe try re adding me and see if that will help, if not I will check into it even more!