My Heavenly Father Loves Me
Words and music: Clara W. McMaster, b. 1904. C 1961 LDS. Arr. C 1989 LDS
Whenever I hear the song of a bird or look at the blue, blue sky, Whenever I feel the rain on my face or the wind as it rushes by. Whenever I touch a velvet rose or walk by our lilac tree… I’m glad that I live in this beautiful world Heavenly Father created for me.
He gave me my eyes that I might see the color of butterfly wings. He gave me my ears that I might hear the magical sound of things. He gave me my life my mind my heart; I thank him reverently, for all his creations, of which I’m a part. Yes I know Heavenly Father loves me
I tell you what, I sorta started crying when we began the second verse to this song in Primary today. The music chorister (bless her heart because that can be a hard job) writes out all the words to pretty much every song we sing. But for this song she uses mostly images. When we sang "He gave me my life, my mind, my heart: I thank him reverently", it was the profile of a little girl. Kinda broke my heart.
But only being a few days into our knowledge of things, and not knowing more for a few more weeks, I think we are doing pretty good. It means a lot to me that sweet little Zeke- who wants "the baby to come out" every other day, always remembers his sister in his prayers. Thank you for all your prayers and support, we need them much!
Dec 31st, 2013
1 year ago
1 comment:
I can tell you a little about our experience with hydrocephalis. Luckily we had a pediatrician who was on top of it from day 1. He kept measuring my son's head to check the growth and when he was about 8 months old they determined that it appeared that there was too much pressure by his vetricles being enlarged and by the size of his head. I've learned there is no really exact way for them to tell if there is too much pressure in their head. When children are older they become symptamatic with headaches, feeling lethargic and possibly sick to their stomach. Once they put the shunt in however he was much better. He used to cry in the stoller every time we went over a crack in the sidewalk (His poor head probably hurt much of the time) and he was pretty mellow. After the surgery he was a much happier baby and learned to wave and was more responsive right away.
The shunt technology they have is getting better and better all the time too. It's basically a cathedar that is inserted right above the ear and extends into the brain and then has a tube that runs down into the abdomen to allow the excess spinal fluid to drain and be absorbed by the body. The shunt Jacob has now is adjustable with magnets. So if he starting to have headaches again we go into the doctor's and they'll use this magnetic machine to adjust the flow.
Jacob has been able to live a normal life and has done fine despite having 3 shunts put in. (they need to be revised every so often). Now he's old enough to tell me when he's having problems with headaches and stuff.
For the surgery we were in the hosptial for 3-4 days and he was back at school by the next week and playing soccer again at the end of the month.
It's been a blessing because even 20 or so years ago they couldn't have done anything perminant to help someone with hydrocephalis.
So I hope this helps a little bit!
Post a Comment