Saturday, May 29, 2010

Scottsbluff Trip Part Five: Free National Park Day

We stayed one more day to take advantage of Free National Park Day, and headed out to Wildcat Hills. Zeke got to take home a bird house (which we still need to assemble), and a book that was a door prize.He really loves bird nests:
They had dress up clothes. That extra stuffing is THE COSTUME, not me:


Zeke then went digging for fossils. I tried to put Reid in there but he really hates sand:
This mountain lion found its way into downtown Scottsbluff four years ago. It was shot right outside of a taxidermy shop. (just kidding):

Not the proudest I've ever been of a picture...:
We went on a hike to look at all sorts of flowers. I'm not sure, but I think I can tell the difference between a wild onion and its imitation that can kill you:
Not pictured are some pictures we helped the boys draw and a viewing window where we watched birds eating.
Woo-hoo!
~the Hoveys

No comments: