It sometimes takes discipline to take time to sit here and do this! However, in a previous entry, I mentioned needing a fourth ultrasound without explanation. The explanation basically is that I measured a week too small. I almost canceled it because that wasn't good enough for me or Matt! Nevertheless, I spoke with my doctor on the phone (as good as a house call) and she gave some other reasons too. So with it we went. Everything in the ultrasound went fine. The baby is around six pounds, the placenta is normal, the fluid is normal, his bright white femur is long, and heart is terrific. The technician mentioned that she couldn't get a picture of his face or a profile if she tried. He is super far down low wedged well and face well hidden. As wonderful as that is to know, I was kinda sad leaving empty handed. The appointment thereafter was delayed. My doctor was in surgery, and when she got there, she told me she had a patient in labor with baby number seven! I said that'd go fast and she said it hadn't been so far. We had a couple details left in our interview when the hospital paged her. It just makes things all too real for me. But anyway, when she measured me again, I asked if I'd caught up, and she laughed as she said no. I don't appear to be growing up toward the ribcage-just down. That explains why I haven't felt a lot of action up there. Candice lovingly pointed out also, that that's probably the reason I don't look like I should be 35 weeks. Matter of opinion. :)
I got Zeke's two year pictures from the studio. The crescent moon fingernail mark from Mommy is definitely noticeable. Still cute though. I'll see when I can scan and post them for you. When I say "I" I mean Matt. :)
Today when I opened the bedroom door for Zeke after his nap, I saw that he had dried blood all over his nose and right index finger. I of course panicked while trying do decipher just what happened. As I washed him off I decided that he was keeping his finger warm and dried it out. Yuck. Much crazier to look at than when he had our antique mirror fall on his hand yesterday. the mirror is fine.
I almost forgot to mention that last week was Stake Conference. I got to sing in the choir!! It was such a neat experience and the speakers were wonderful. The visiting area authority was from Canada so one of our Elders, also from Canada didn't feel so lonely. Speaking of Elders, I'm gonna tease them the next time I see them because I saw some bold driving from them on Center street the other day.
I think I've got it all. I'm frequently too wordy. Sorry for that. Thanks for making it this far.
Dec 31st, 2013
1 year ago
1 comment:
glad to hear what you guys are up to and that everything is going well with the pregnancy.
Post a Comment