The last eight days of this month have been crazy! On the third, our little family packed our bags and headed to Scottsbluff to visit Grandpa and Grandma Hovey. Matt's brother and his family were also going to be there, so it was quite a reunion. Our nephew Samuel turned one on the fifth, and Matt had never meet or seen him outside of pictures. Such is life though, when you live so far away.
We got home on the eighth, minutes before I had to be at Cub Scouts. Every day and every night in between was so great. We decided to bring our tent and sleep in the back yard. Zeke woke up at around one in the morning and was crying. Matt got him to fall asleep next to me, and then said he was going inside and so from that point forward Zeke and I slept outside and Matt, in. Zeke did great every night after that especially on the night that the winds were so strong the tent almost caved in. My thoughts were that if the tornado sirens go off, I'll grab Zeke and run. But he never budged and the winds soon stopped. Not before one of the tent poles bent so far in it hit me in the forehead and I woke up thinking a branch hit me! We woke up in a layer of dirt that the rain flap didn't keep out. :)
Matt's dad works at the college and as it turns out the college puts on a pretty good fireworks show each year. We got to witness that.
On Monday Matt, Zeke and I went with Matt's bro and his family to Car Henge. Silly place. Very entertaining. It had actually been vandalized the week before but they got it painted over. Stupid people can't just read a book instead of commit felonies!
Ezekiel and his cousins Ammon and Samuel had fun together. I'm sad they don't live closer. Alright, lets see if I can get some stuff posted for you.
We got home on the eighth, minutes before I had to be at Cub Scouts. Every day and every night in between was so great. We decided to bring our tent and sleep in the back yard. Zeke woke up at around one in the morning and was crying. Matt got him to fall asleep next to me, and then said he was going inside and so from that point forward Zeke and I slept outside and Matt, in. Zeke did great every night after that especially on the night that the winds were so strong the tent almost caved in. My thoughts were that if the tornado sirens go off, I'll grab Zeke and run. But he never budged and the winds soon stopped. Not before one of the tent poles bent so far in it hit me in the forehead and I woke up thinking a branch hit me! We woke up in a layer of dirt that the rain flap didn't keep out. :)
Matt's dad works at the college and as it turns out the college puts on a pretty good fireworks show each year. We got to witness that.
On Monday Matt, Zeke and I went with Matt's bro and his family to Car Henge. Silly place. Very entertaining. It had actually been vandalized the week before but they got it painted over. Stupid people can't just read a book instead of commit felonies!
Ezekiel and his cousins Ammon and Samuel had fun together. I'm sad they don't live closer. Alright, lets see if I can get some stuff posted for you.
3 comments:
Cute post! Looks like a fun vacation. I miss Dani and Spencer! Thanks for posting pics of them and their kids. How on earth did they figure out that Samuel needed glasses? He looks like a mini-Spencer. So cute. Next time put up a belly shot--if you have one yet...I couldn't tell in the pictures.
What a fun vacation!
I can't believe that you are still so skinny! Not fair. You are looking good for "about ready to know the sex of the baby." I'm glad you guys got to have a vacation this summer. :)
Post a Comment